- Carolina Layered Salad
- Nothing more southern than this salad. I crave it. Easy and, unlike other salads, keeps in the fridge for a while so you can eat it over and over. Just don't eat the whole bowl like I do.
- 2large heads romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 1tub grape tomatoes halved
- 3spring onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups petite green peas bought frozen then thawed
- 2stalkscelery finely chopped
- 1/2 bottleDreamy Creamy Vinaigrette dressing
- 1 tbspred wine vinegar
- 1tspgarlic powder
- 1 cupfinely shredded cheddar
- 1bagprecooked bacon
- Place chopped lettuce in a clear glass bowl. Pack lightly. Top evenly with the tomatoes. Top tomatoes evenly with onions. Top onions with peas. Top peas with the celery.
- In a small mixing bowl add mayo, dressing, garlic and vinegar. Mix well. Top peas with mixture and evenly spread.
- Top with cheese and then the bacon. Refrigerate. The colder, better.
Dressing variation: 1 bottle of It Takes Three to Tango, 1/2 cup mayo, 1 splenda or stevia, 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar. Mix well and use in place of the above dressing. Asian variation: Layer romaine lettuce, green onion, edamame, red pepper, cucumbers, cilantro, goat cheese and bacon. Use Far East Flair dressing in place of the Dreamy Creamy Vinaigrette.