- Chip's "To Die For" Grilled Romaine
- This grilled romaine is a guest favorite. Beautiful with a wow taste bud factor!
- 1headromaine lettuce in bag
- 1tbspolive oil
- 1/2cupgrape tomatoes halved
- 1/4cup bacon crispy, chopped pieces
- 1/2 cupIt Takes Three to Tango dressing
- 1/4cupParmesan cheese freshly!!! grated shreds
- 1/2 cupFrench's fried onions
- Rinse one romaine head and pat dry. Cut the head in half leaving in what we call the "butt". You want it to hold together.
- Brush with olive oil and place on a medium grill. Char quickly until it produces some color but doesn't burn.
- Remove and place on a decorative salad plate.
- Sprinkle half the tomatoes and half the bacon on each head.
- Stream on the It Takes Three to Tango dressing and top with lines of the glaze.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan shreds.
- Place French's onions in a pile in the middle.
This can be made without grilling the lettuce if the weather doesn't permit. Lacks the grill flavor but still really good!